After Crown & Bridge
You have just had a crown or fixed bridge cemented onto your teeth. They will replace your missing tooth structure or missing teeth very well and should give you years of service if you will observe the following suggestions:
For the Remainder of the Day
Do not chew hard foods on the restorations for 24 hour from the time they were cemented. The cement must be mature for about 24 hours to have optimum strength.
Don’t worry about mild sensitivity to hot or cold foods. It will disappear gradually over a few weeks.
Do not chew ice or other hard objects. Avoid chewing very sticky foods such as “hard tack” candies because they can remove restorations.
To provide optimum longevity for your restorations and prevent future dental decay and supporting tissue breakdown, please use the following preventive procedures:
- Brush and floss after eating and before bedtime
- Use prescribed mouth rinse if advised by us
- Use fluoride gel as advised by us.
If any of the following conditions occur, contact us immediately to avoid further problems:
- Movement or looseness in the restoration.
- Sensitivity to sweet foods.
- A peculiar taste from the restoration site.
- Breakage of a piece of material from the restoration.
- Sensitivity to pressure.
We have done our best to provide you with the finest quality of oral restoration available today. However, as with a fine automobile or watch, only your continuing care and concern can assure optimum service longevity.